CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bulletin Board

I originally saw this idea on our local TV show Good Things Utah. When I saw it I knew it would be a perfect idea for a homemade gift for my daughter's birthday. My daughter Emma turned 7 years old in April and she loves to draw. I knew she would love a place to stick things.The bulletin board was really easy to make. The hard part was figuring out a good pattern to assemble it in. Anyway, you start with a frame. You want a frame that will divide evenly by 4 or 6. My frame is a 12x16. I cut twelve 4 inch chipboard squares and then I put a layer of batting on the chipboard square. The material is cut into 6 inch square pieces. Then all you do is fold in the corners first and use a hot glue gun to stick them down. Then fold over the rest of the sides and hot glue down. Decorate some of the squares using ribbon. Arrange them all into whatever pattern and glue onto the cardboard that came with the frame. The only thing I need to do to this one is back it with cork board to give it more in the back. We found out that when we stuck push pins in they came out through the other side. I am looking forward to hanging it up in Emma's room and I know that Emma is looking forward to using it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment