CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SSS112 Sweet Shop Sketch Challenge

My son Payson has a birthday coming up soon and so I needed to make his birthday party invites. I always make one card before I start to mass produce. I also decided to do something that I have never done before and that is participate in a card sketch challenge. When I saw this card sketch I knew that I could make a birthday invitation out of that sketch.The theme for Payson's party is a Monster Theme because we all know that 2 year-olds can be "little monsters" at times. Stampin' Up! has a great set called Make a Monster so that is the set I decided to use. Here is my creation.The base of the card is Tempting Turquoise. Then I used some DSP from the Subtles Collection pack. The next two layers are Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi that have been embossed with a non SU embossing folder. Then I stamped the monster in Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, and Concord Crush and I mounted this on a piece of Tangerine Tango Card Stock. The greeting is punched out with the Modern Label punch and mounted on the Designer Label punch in Tempting Turquoise.

I am pretty pleased with my card. Now to make the rest of them.

2 comments:

Jennipher

What a darling card! Thanks for playing along at the Sweet Stop.

Marilyn

Very cute invitation,Em. You are very talented when it comes to making cards!!

Post a Comment